Does an investment in real estate qualify for an E-2 visa? Can I buy a home and get an E-2 visa?

No. The E-2 visa can be obtained by either purchasing an existing business or creating a new business in the United States, and the business must be an “active” business. This excludes passive investments like real estate or owning stock. Your business must also make money, and as such, not-for-profit enterprises are excluded.